Pages

My ride is over, but the memories will last forever.

A life long dream fulfilled ... a great cause ... new friends ... amazing support

Thanks to everyone who helped make a difference!


I have maxed out the picture space on this blog. To see my postings for Day 42 (August 1st) onward click the link below:

GOTO Mark's Trek - NEW Daily BLOG (August 1st Onward)



Sunday, December 6, 2009

Week of 12/06/09 - Weather & Family Committments = Spinning - 145 miles

December arrived and brought chili and wet weather.  On top of that, family committments took top priority and kept me inside for all but one day.  On Monday I rode about an hour (20 Miles) while watching the Patriots and Saints game.  The Saints are definitely for real, and the Patriots do not have the personnel they once did.  Tuesday saw another 15 Miles spin with Meatloaf on the stereo and the Victoria's Secret "fashion" show on the TV.  Most of those girls need to eat a cookie!  Of course there were a few that, well ... umm, never mind. Heidi Klum was classy and looked good for just having had another baby.  No risque pics on my blog ...




Wednesday was a rest day.  I spent the evening reviewing materials at Cyclo Club.  I hope to incorporate more pre- and post-ride exercises along with their core conditioning routines over the winter.  The club also includes great spin sessions and tons of helpful material on nutrition, riding technique, workouts, and more.  On Thursday, the weather finally cooperated with temperatures in the mid 50's.  It was pretty windy, with some gusts greater tan 25 miles per hours.  I pushed through for a solid 28 mile ride in and around Laurel.  I went past the Laurel Race Track, Montpieler Mansion, Laurel Hospital, and downtown.



 






;


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The weekend included signifcant family committments and weather not condusive to riding outside. Spinning was a good way to relax and destress. On Friday, I rode with Coach Troy to Spinervals 14 - Totally Time Trial. Strong 1 1/2 hours and 32 miles. Saturday saw a more relaxed aerobic pace to Spinervals 16 - Aero Base Builder, 29 miles. I spent some late night computer time loking at other training DVDs. There are a few virtual rides (with web cams) that I may try out. I wrapped up the week with a very fast hour spin (22 miles) to some classic rock and music from the 70's. Only outside 1 day ... motivation remained high wirh 145 training miles.