Pages

My ride is over, but the memories will last forever.

A life long dream fulfilled ... a great cause ... new friends ... amazing support

Thanks to everyone who helped make a difference!


I have maxed out the picture space on this blog. To see my postings for Day 42 (August 1st) onward click the link below:

GOTO Mark's Trek - NEW Daily BLOG (August 1st Onward)



Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week of 05/23/10 - Training Takes a Hit; Donations Remain Strong - Only 115 Miles

200+ mile weeks came to an abrupt end this week, thanks to an intense proposal effort at work.  I was only able to get in three rides and I had to squeeze every mile out of each of them.  My first ride was on Wednesday and I went on a hill scavenger hunt to Marriottsville, Woodstock and Ellicott City ... climbs up Sand Hill, Henryton Road, Old Court Road, Davis Road, Dogwood Road, and Old Frederick ... almost 50 miles and some good grades/efforts.  On Thursday I got in 35 miles to Sandy Spring and Brighton Dam including a few more climbs up Ednor Road, Brighton Dam Road, and Sanner Road.  Work really took control the rest of the week.  I managed a quick two hour 50k at the Gateway Office Park including 8 laps with a few other cyclists that set a blistering pace.  Sunday saw more work ... I had hoped to ride to the office, but the weather did not cooperate.  Good thing, as I did not get home to well after 10. 

Only 115 miles.  Not a bad thing I guess.  Can't hurt to step back a little ... I plan to do that the week before I leave too.

My donors did not seem bothered by the crazy week at work.  I received over $500 in new donations!  My neighbors really made themselves heard this week including three great silver level donations from Steve & Linda Rothfield, Chris & Joan Clark, and Mike & Michelle Hewitt.  Chris & Joan joined my four year club.  I also received a silver level donation from one of best friends from high school, Mike Fallman.  Two years in a row at this level!  Mike is one of the owners of the British Beer Company in Massacusetts.  They have 8 great locations and offer a classic british pub feel.

Thank yous also go out to Howie Shaw (another old friend from high school), Bill Fanelli (RPI alum and old co-worker), and Lisa Landolina (close friend and my hair dresser for the last 15+ years!). With all the help and support , I pushed through the $13,000 mark ... my goal of $15,000 in well within sight.  Next week promises to be another grind at work.  My Serotta should finally be ready ... hope I get to use it and not just look at it!